Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Lover’s Prayer: Scene 1 (2013 re-write)



Warm and Disarm me with Genuine smiles.
Tend my Heart carefully, 
accept my affections given in kind, 
Believe and Surrender.

For reasons unfathomable 
our threads are tied - our story begun;
Attraction and Attachment
inevitable and unavoidable.

The things I want
are words stuck in wombish buccal cavities
and only my pen communicates freely
those things only fugitively mouthed 
in the company of shadows
where insecurities are masked in the gloom
and my smile mimics
subtle reflections of strength 
greater 
than I 
in truth
bare.








Warm the cockles of my heart with your disarming smile.
Carry my heart carefully in your arms
and tenderly accept my affections given in kind.
Surrender to my confession and believe in me.

For reasons unfathomable
our threads are tied and our story begun…
Attraction and attachment
inevitable and unavoidable…
The things I want
are words stuck in my mouth
and only my pen communicates freely
those things gingerly whispered under cover of darkness
where shame and insecurities are masked in shadow
and my smile mimics
Subtle reflections of strength greater than
I in truth
Bare.

No comments: