Saturday, September 11, 2010

Passing Through Time (2013 re-write)


Walking down this lonely corridor
known simply and ironically as “life”,
he has nothing to disturb his thoughts
save the sound of his own dull aimless steps
Echoing…
Echoing …
E…cho….ing… sounds
Bounce bouncing sounds
off endless walls called hours, minutes, days… 
cohorts in crime; 
So…un…ds … 
mingling with memories of rare 
occasions of awareness;
and he wanders wondering…
“How much have I changed
since I last paid attention
to the shifting bouncing sounds
of myself… my…very self… 
passing through time”







Walking down this lonely corridor
Known simply and ironically as “life”
I have nothing to disturb my thoughts
But the sound of my own steps
Echoing…
Echoing
Echoing…sound
Bounce bouncing
off walls called time…
Time…
Sound mingling
with memories of other such occasions of awareness
and I wander wondering…
How much have I changed
since I last paid attention
to the shifting sounds
bouncing sounds
of myself
Passing
Passing through time?

No comments: